Wednesday 16 September 2009

Orientation week 16 - 18 Sept





Not much exciting in my orientation week, it was just a normal event for us to get used to the uni system and some involvement in the uni. As for me, I have been searching high and low for a house for myself and my family to stay in.

I think I have called more than 30 over phones to landlord and agency to source for one. Sadly to say, it is not easy for a student with family to secure one. There was one that I really like - 2 rooms, living room, separate kitchen, new shower rooms, parking lot and small private garden at Hanham Road, Kingswood. I wanted it but the agent asked for a guarantor which I don't have one, else I have to pay upfront 6 months rental !!!! Nearly take it, but somehow I just withheld the decision and called Ann to discuss, of course we have an alternative, which we had taken it now (see entry for the place we stay).

Well, nothing interesting from my orientation week, but some interesting stuff I see in Bristol :)

1. You may think that that is a church - no it is a Hindu Temple.
2. Bus not only can take bike, baby pram and push-chair and animals - big one as you can see - animal rights I guess :-)

No comments: