Thursday 27 May 2010

Dublin Day 2


Well, it is time to get serious. As a first timer going in an academic conference, I am a bit intimidated by the profs in the event, coupled with the fact that not many PhD students attending this time. I can't find my peers really.

To be frank, I am a bit disappointed to see some papers that were working around in my research area that were of no help to my research. I started to reflect the whole thinking process, I realise out of somewhere I am thinking very critically of what I heard and saw. I tended to challenge their underpinning assumptions on their work!!

Plus I am writing a paper on the philosophical issues of my research project, that 'questioning' processes had been happening throughout the whole event.

I am happy that my supervisor has 'trained' me to put rigor in my own research by this kind of thought processes, it also opens my eye and mind to see things in many angles. I started to link it with my spiritual journey, have I ever exercised such thinking process about my faith?

Jesus says come to me like a child. Yes, just like what we want our children to come to us as who they are !!!

No comments: