Friday 15 May 2009

Skype Interview



So now the interview panel want to do a video-tele conference with me. It was 2009 in mid Jan I remembered I needed to fly down to UK office a few days later.

Fiona was helpful and gave me clues what would the panel normally ask - so homework for me again.

I think I used about a day time to do a research for the skills required in the accounting students and practitioners. To get more higher chance to get the deal, I read the panel's research papers. They were Prof David Bench, Prof Ursula (my main supervisor) and Dr Phaik Tan (second supervisor).

The university not only wanted to hear my voice and they wanted to see my face as well :-) I think they just want to see me how to handle the questions real time so that I can't hide anything from them.

So a skype-interview was organised and I have all my homework and paper/sticky notes all over on my monitor and wall. Of course, they won't see that but i guess they knew because I kept looking at the notes to answer their questions.

Fair enough, I have predicted what they were going to ask me and i have them all prepared. So the session has no dead silence and I can answered them pretty good. I purposely quoted some of their research papers and works to show that I did do some homework and ground work for this interview.

I guess they were pleased :-)

So, another waiting time... for the final YES from them.

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Cool. Very good to log it all and very good to have security pass visitors. I find myself limited to what I can say due to the audience. This is like a diary. I like it.