Friday 15 May 2009

Hey I saw this ad !!



Let's roll back in mid 2008 - I happened to be too free and I surfed my usual site to look for studentship and I spooted this ad by Bristol Business School. It was also mainly because of my PhD study with Sheffield University was going nowhere at that point of time, mainly due to my lack of discipline and also time management back in Malaysia.

Also, my current employer has a strong link with Bristol Business School so I was tempted to have a look :-) Plus, It was quite a good deal as this covers living allowance also.

Well, the research area was just my cup of tea : Accounting Education & Management Accounting. So I told Ann I want to apply for it. I still remembered it was quite a last minute thing for me. I quickly looked into what I did with Sheffield University and adapted the version to UK context and boldly i sent in the application form.

Then I was busy with my job flying around - months passed until at the end of 2008. I was again prompted to contact the university to find out the result. To my surprise, Fiona Watt, the Research Manager informed that I was shortlisted and I am the only one that being selected for interview as they just want to sponsor for one position. In the conversation, she suggested that I will be likely get the sponsorship looking at the paper I have submitted to them -

I immediately jumped for joy and can't believe myself that i have beaten down so many applicants, again :-)

Our God is always full of surprises

No comments: