Friday 6 November 2009

Reflections in Bristol 1



I have been thinking really :o)

Will I accept things so 'easily' and have the 'courage' to ask others for things they do not want if I were to be in my homeland - boleh land??

I told Ann, I don't think I bother to look at it and may have thought: why take in a second-hand stuff when we can buy a new one ourselves.

I guess this is a 'humbling' situation for us to ask for stuff in UK really - few driving factors: £££,£££ still is £££ that is all about.

We would not want to waste any £ here when we we living under allowance.

We would not want to own stuff when we know we will not bring them back home.

We want to save, save and save as much as we can..

I guess situation will change one's behaviour and attitude - who says staying in £ land is a bed of roses, especially for people like us whose has about 6x different in currency conversion rate. Adeline mentioned with us about her experience in Melbourne trip - she said the country looked wonderful but she sensed people were striving for survival (I hope I quoted right), that sums up nicely to our case.

I think the Lord has taught me few things:

1. Learn to accept - even things that people do not want anymore

2. Learn to humble - we need one another- there is offer and acceptance at the same time

3. Be simple - I need to know what are 'wants' and 'needs'

4. Trust God and and know that He will provides - He never fails!!


In the same case, we need to rely on people to take us for home group at night now since we have no own transport - from this we learnt to accept what is offer, grateful that helping hands are many and God will provide means to the ends.


Sorry to bore you with this :0)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

interested in the striving for survival comment ?