Tuesday 21 July 2009

Motivation 1

Ee Lyn asked me what were the motivation factors that kept me wanting to study my PhD.

Frankly speaking, it took me quite a while to figure out the answer and I shall answer her question in a bit organised manner.

Let’s start with those involve the ‘flesh’ – which I am being ‘truthful’ to you

Reason 1: Finish my Europe Tour



I sort of regretted I have not finished my Europe tour during my last stay in UK. I still have a few countries to complete what I want to visit. I guess this time I will have ample time to do so. I am keen to do back-packing again – I recall the experience of sleeping at the airport just to catch the earliest flight etc.

Ann already reminded me that we are no longer that ‘youthful’ anymore ☺

Reason 2: Sweet Sweet Sweet




I can’t help smiling inside that I am back to all the sweet stuff in UK – the creamy ice- cream and various types of chocolate and cakes. Sara Lee brand is so much cheaper there ☺ Not to forget the ‘Walkers’ chips that everyone’s favourite in the family.

Also I love the chocolate digestive biscuits there – it is such a perfect match with the Twining Tea, plus the skimmed milk. I also like the Hovis Bread for toasts – crispy and heaven.

You will see a ‘fatty plump’ WK soon – No way, I will maintain what my shape now :-P


Reason 3: Weather




It will no longer sweaty day all the time and you can walk about in a cool and nice weather. In such good weather, I will enjoy time lazy-ing in a park, reading books and walk about in the street. It will be chances to see the changes of seasons reminding you the changes in life.

One sad part that the weather soon become my first conversation topic – and knowing whether it rains is the crucial things to start my day – oh the long and still long drizzling weather you typically get in UK.

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Coming back to Oz and seeing the four seasons again is a delightful gift in itself. Our Creator is awesome!

Traveling is on our map too- even if it is not top priority at the moment, it surely is a yearning on our radar...

We thank God for this Tew opportunity.

Mama Berry says you must farewell family Kit too with extra love- the pastors always get so little encouragement. Plus church hopping is ever that simple a concept, Papa Tew.